Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2013

What Should I Choose For Gaming?


As some of you may know, gaming has been a hot topic of discussion recently with the impending introduction of two new consoles, the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. Many have debated and decided between the two consoles, and also whether PC gaming is the way to go. In this post I’m going to explain to you my position on which device is best and which one will fit you the best. I’ll start the discussion by saying that I would go in the direction of PC gaming, as it is often cheaper to buy games for a computer, and the hardware itself also has more functions than just playing games. PC gaming was is ideal for me because I already have a computer, and most people do, and to upgrade it would be cheaper than buying a console. If you are wanting a console however, I would recommend the PlayStation 4. This console is $100 cheaper than the Xbox, a major factor in my decision, considering they are very similar in performance. The PlayStation also has a better software platform, which allows online play and many other features for free. Looking at the Xbox One you often have to pay for these features monthly, which can add up. For example, assuming the One lasts for 5 years before the next model, that’s another $300 that you’re putting into it to get the same features that are usually free on the PlayStation. These features add up so that in my opinion, it is a lot more cost-effective to get a PlayStation rather than an Xbox, but then you have to factor in the user base. Xbox has a lot more players online as of now because of the cheaper price of the current Xbox. This means that many are likely to have company loyalty and stick with the Xbox brand. So in effect, if you want to play online with friends, there is a larger likelihood that they will be on Xbox. Due to the price of the two consoles though, I predict that more people will buy the PlayStation, possibly eliminating this advantage that the Xbox has. Other features could be debated such as the look of the console, the feel of the controller, or the layout of the home screen, but I’ve laid out what I thought are the most relative points that lead to my decision to choose the PlayStation if you only want a console, and a PC if you are looking at any kind of gaming. As always, I hope you’ve enjoyed and learned something from my blog, and keep reading!
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                PlayStation 4
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Xbox One

No comments:

Post a Comment